Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Tip Tuesday


Today's Tip is how I store my stamp sets and thinlits.  

Stamp Sets with matchingThinlits
  1. I put the thinlits that match the stamp set inside the stamp case.  
  2. I put them in one of our 6 x 8 Clear Bags.  
  3. First I put them on a magnet piece that I purchase at a craft store on a roll.  I cut them to about 4 3/4" x 6".  I mark at the top of the magnet the name of the thinlits, and how many there are in the set.  I cut the information cover that comes with the thinlits to the same size and put it in the bag behind the magnet to keep for future reference.
  4. After both pieces are in the bag, I fold the side and tape it just to give enough room for those  items to slide in and out.  I cut the top of the bag leaving about a half inch over the magnet.  This allows easy access in and out when you need them and is a perfect fit for inside the stamp case.
*The thinlits such as Circles, Squares, Boxes, etc., I keep in the envelopes the same way.  They are alphabetical and kept in a small square basket.






Storing my Stamp Cases

I store my Stamp Sets alphabetically and seperate them by groups.  My groups consist of:
  1. Children
  2. Men
  3. Flowers
  4. Misc.
  5. Words
  6. Holidays ( I separate them by name, such as Christmas, Halloween), and I they are alphabetical also
  7. Backgrounds




Labeling my Stamp Sets for easy matching with thinlits and punches

If you look close, you can see I put a sticker with  a specific color marker that says either thinlits (so I know they are enclosed), or the punch that goes with the stamp set.  This lets me know the coordinating punch, and if I have written it on the case, that I have purchased it.  On this sample the words Holly Berry are the name of the punch so I just underlined them.



I hope this helps you if you are looking for ways to organize.

No comments:

Post a Comment